National Volunteers Week
May 15th - 21st!
At Neighbours Aid we love the opportunities we get every day to encourage our volunteers!
One of our managers recently told these stories:
“Some time back the 12-year-old grandson of one of my team began coming in to help during school holidays. This resulted in him becoming a volunteer after paperwork was completed. We have been told this young man has gone from not wanting to do his hair and teeth to jumping out of bed, doing his teeth and asking to get his hair cut. His nan and mother can’t believe the positive change in him. We just love having him work with us during the school holidays!”
DID YOU KNOW
- 75.5% (or 3 million) of Queensland’s adult population volunteers in some capacity.
- These amazing people contribute 900 million hours through their efforts.
- This commitment contributes $84 billion to Queensland’s economy.
- Queensland’s volunteer workforce is 3x larger than the government sector
- 61.6% of Queenslanders report that they directly help someone.
- 25% of volunteers contribute online or at home.
- Community resilience is born out of strong connections through volunteering
(Volunteering Queensland 2020 Report)